Cat & Dog Rescue • Koh Samui
- Live by the Beach
- Extra Activities
- 100% Supported
- Info Pack!
Locations Bangkok & Koh Samui Project Length 1-12 weeks Volunteer Work Assisting with the welfare of up to 500 cats and dogs Arrival Airport Bangkok International Airport (BKK) Qualifications/Experience None required Minimum Age 18
ABOUT CAT & DOG RESCUE THAILAND
The Bamboo Project™ works with and fully supports the local NGO ‘Dog & Cat Rescue Koh Samui Foundation’ who have been on the island since 1999. With over 10,000 cats and dogs been through their care they really do know what they are doing to ensure the health, well-being and future of Koh Samui’s ever-expanding Cat & Dog Population.
As a volunteer at DCRS you will become immersed in the day to day running of the foundation. Whatever your skills (or lack of) you will be most welcome to join the team, get stuck into the work and receive countless licks, purrs and hugs for all your time and effort.
You will be living in our lovely, safe and clean volunteer accommodation located conveniently at Mae Nam about a 5 minute walk to the beautiful beaches. Koh Samui is abundant with things to do, places to see and delicious items to eat and the best thing about it all is that our Bamboo team is with you 24/7 to help, hug and support you every step of the way.
The ‘Bamboo effect’ takes place here and now, as soon as you ask that first question. It is our job to make sure you understand 100% what is happening, 100% of the time. Before you leave to come and join us, our team is available to answer any questions or worries (that includes mums & dads) you might have. Once we have received your booking and confirmed your placement you will receive an in-depth pre-departure pack that will help you to plan and prepare for your time as a volunteer with us here in Thailand.
Once you have arrived in big old Bangkok, settled in and have washed that jet-lag away, we will call an orientation so that your guide can explain more about your time with us in Thailand. Group meetings will happen each evening to enable us to get your feedback and so that we can explain what will be happening next, so at no point should you feel that you have no idea what is happening. These group meetings are very important so everybody can be properly prepared for what’s coming next. A good volunteer knows what their ‘mission’ is for that day, why we are doing what we’re doing and how your efforts truly make the difference.
ACCOMMODATION & MEALS
Bangkok: Your first two nights will be in a comfortable guest house located on the world famous Khao San Road.
Koh Samui: On the island we rent a lovely house in a small, quiet community. This house has three bedrooms (with air-con at an additional weekly cost) and three western bathrooms with hotel water. The house also features TV and DVD player, FREE WiFi, washing machine, functional kitchen and in and outdoor seating areas. The house is located very close to all amenities you will need to settle in quickly and easily such as ATM’s, supermarkets, restaurants, bars, shops and more. In addition, it’s just a 10 minute form the front door to arguably the best beach on the island!
- Spend time helping animals from poor underdeveloped areas on the island
- Living on one of Thailand’s most stunning islands in the Gulf of Thailand
- 24/7 support and advice from our dedicated team of coordinators on the island
- Free weekends to explore, relax or travel
- A guided tour of bustling Bangkok city
Known locally as ‘Krung Thep’ or City of Angels, Bangkok has it all! There is no better thrill than that first trip from the airport into the heart of the city. We love it so much it’s where The Bamboo Project has it’s South East Asia Headquarters! A lot of cities claim it but Bangkok well and truly is the ‘City that never sleeps’, A theory that you will no doubt be testing with us. Delicious street food, Off the hook night life, stunning palaces and temples, the largest outdoor market in the world! “Bangkok has you” and will never let you go!
Kfromoh Samui lies perfectly on the Thai Gulf only a short boat ride away the largest marine park Ang Thong. With some of the most stunning white sandy beaches, best seafood restaurants and epic night life scene, Koh Samui really does have it all!
You’re paying good money for what we promise will be the most amazing trip of your life. But where does that money go? Have a look through this. We think you’ll be impressed.
• Airport pick-up on arrival if required
• First night guest house accommodation on the world famous Khao San Road including breakfast each day
• First morning welcome meeting and orientation
• Optional guided city tour of Bangkok
• Welcome meal at one of the Khao San Roads most popular restaurants
• Overnight first class coach or train transfer from Bangkok to Koh Samui
• All accommodation for the duration of your placement
• All on-island transfers throughout your placement
• An enormous sense of achievement as you assist with a project that genuinely cares
• Donation to the project costs to directly support the work you are doing and to ensure its sustainability
• Daily support from one of our experienced and English speaking volunteer coordinators
• 24 hour in-country emergency contacts
• In-depth pre-departure information pack and a few nice little surprises along the way!
- Fri, 04 Jul 2014
- Fri, 18 Jul 2014
- Fri, 01 Aug 2014
- Fri, 15 Aug 2014
- Fri, 05 Sep 2014
- Fri, 19 Sep 2014
- Fri, 07 Nov 2014
- Fri, 21 Nov 2014
- Fri, 05 Dec 2014
- Fri, 19 Dec 2014
– See more at: http://www.bamboo-project.com/island-teaching-thailand/#sthash.STtH9UfD.dpuf
JULY Friday 3rd
AUGUST Friday 7th
SEPTEMBER Friday 4th
OCTOBER Friday 2nd
NOVEMBER Friday 6th
DECEMBER Friday 4th
JANUARY JULY Friday 8th
FEBRUARY AUGUST Friday 5th
MARCH SEPTEMBER Friday 4th
APRIL OCTOBER Friday 1st
MAY NOVEMBER Friday 6th
JUNE DECEMBER Friday 3rd