Thailand • Summer Special Tour
…BANGKOK to SURIN to KHAO YAI to BANGKOK to KOH PHANGAN….
- 3 Weeks Guided Trip
- Living With Elephants
- Overnight Jungle Trek
- Escorted Volunteering
- Optional Beach Week
About Thailand Summer Special
Our very popular 3 week Summer Special is a fully escorted trip through Thailand that combines volunteering, trekking, elephant hugging, city tours, fun, laughs and awesome memories! This is your chance to discover the Thailand that tourists never see.
Volunteering and travel in Thailand is easy on this fully guided tour. We’ll talk you through each and every day to make sure you get the most out of your time with us. Group sizes are limited!
What you do
ArrivalWe take the stress out of the airport as we’ll pick you up and transfer you to the hotel. Easy as that!
The ultimate Bangkok tourWe’ll run through the itinerary with you then lead you on a heady tour of Bangkoks most famous landmarks.
The largest outdoor marketJJ market in the heart of Bangkok is famous for selling anything and everything. And we mean EVERYTHING!
Volunteer: Bangkok Slum Kids ProjectJoin our Bamboo volunteer team on this amazing inner-city project in the slums of the city. This is how we give.
Let's goOff to Surin today, the location of your volunteering. We’ll take you by either VIP coach or train. It’s comfy, we promise!
Getting to know youGuided orientation of Surin that includes the Silk Village, SIlver Village and even a high-five from some monks!
Elephants... Elephants... Elephants!4 days and 3 nights working in a genuine Thai elephant community – how awesome does this sound?!
Get stuck in!It’s not all playtime, there will be some small community projects to help with. You’ll be guided through the process from day one. Nothing too back-breaking.
How about a swim?Ever swam on the back of an elephant? Well i have and it’s as surreal as it sounds. Now it’s your turn!
the end of the elephantsTime to give the village a huge thank you and goodbye before we have you back at your hotel in Surin city
We even give you a day off!Use it to explore locally or further afield. Our team will help you to make any travel arrangements. Just ask nicely!
The kid in youThis is day one of your childcare volunteering work. Meet the kids, get the low-down on the project and get stuck in.
Volunteering day 2Help out with anything from teaching to singing, to cleaning, to painting… There’s so much to do!
Volunteering day 3More kids, more work, mote fun, more laughter. These kids will have you crying with laughter and sweating like crazy!
Volunteering day 4Let’s try to get our weekly plan finished today so there’s time for a party tomorrow. Kids love parties!
Volunteering day 5Time to say goodbye to the kids. We guarantee that they’ll never forget you and you’ll never forget them.
Rest day (you'll need it!)After a week with heaps of kids hanging off you, you deserve a day off, so here it is. Speak to our team about local options, or chill by the swimming pool.
Peace and tranquilityToday we’re off to Thailands oldest national park at Khao Yai. This is a beautiful place to recharge your batteries
Test the Tarzan in youA full day guided trek through the jungle. Waterfalls,wild elephants, monkeys, birds, lizards… and more.
Transfer back to BangkokStage one of this epic journey is heading back to where it all began. The big orange mango that is Bangkok.
The end... or is it?For those of you too worn out to continue this is where we say goodbye. But why stop there? Take 6 nights on the Full Moon Party of Koh Pang Gna island – sorted!
Wondering what’s included?
You pay a lot of money for something, you expect the best. This is our promise to you. We think you’ll be really very surprised with how your money is used abd remember that above all else, your payment will be making a difference to the communities we work with.
- Airport pick-up on arrival in Bangkok
- 4 nights accommodation on the world famous Khao San Road
- Thai-style welcome meal
- in depth orientation and welcome meeting
- Fully guided tour of Bangkok’s most remarkable landmarks
- Day at the worlds biggest outdoor market – it’s incredible!
- Visit to a very worthwhile childrens proejct in Bangkok supprt kids from the slums
- VIP coach or train transfer from Bangkok to Surin in north east Thailand
- in depth orientations throughout the trip to make sure you understand exactly what you’re doing
- 3 nights homestay accommodation in a genuine, working elephant village – yep, how cool is that?!
- 5 days volunteering with the children at one of the many childrens proejcts that we support
- All transfers throughout the trip – even those on elephant back!
- Guided jungle trek through Thailands oldest national park – wild animals await!
- Easy transfer back to Bangkok – where it all began
- Final Farewell Party on Khao San Road – will you win a prize?
- BUT the fun doesn’t have to end there – add a 6 night stay on the beautiful Koh Samed island or join another of our projects or tours
- Donation to our volunteering projects fund – you’re help will last for years, even after you’ve left.
- 24/7 guided trip by a hughly experienced, English speaking guide
- 24/7 emergency contacts
- Pre-arrival information to help you prepare for the time of your life
- Pre-departure Skype/telephone chat with one of our highly experienced team
- in depth orientations in each location so you know what you’re looking at
- The most amazing photo’s, memories, new friends, hangovers, sights, hugs…
NOT INCLUDED (although we did try! – FP)
- Your international flight – you’re probably going to need one
- Your spending money – it’ll go a long way in Thailand
- Your insurance. We do have public liability insurance but you must have the required travel and health insurance – stay healthy and hopefully it’ll be the only waste of money from your whole trip
- Your travel vaccinations – better safe than sick
- Your visa if you need one. Contact us for more information and a slightly clearer explanation